Midland Cabinets, a division of Koch & Co., Inc., warrants to the original consumer purchaser, that the cabinet box, shelves, and drawer box will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, for 5 years. This warranty is not transferable. No representative of Midland Cabinets has the authority to modify this warranty.
This limited 5 YEAR Warranty does not apply to:
1. Cabinetry installed outdoors.
2. Cabinets that have been improperly installed, cleaned or maintained.
3. Cabinets not installed in the United States.
4. Defects caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, alterations, environmental conditions, improper installation, normal wear and tear, commercial use or improper storage and handling.
5. Labor for replacement or removal of cabinets.
6. Midland Cabinets should not be mixed with Classic, Imperial or Express cabinets in a project. Doing so will void any warranty on color issues.
7. Against expansion or contraction occurring as a result of humidity levels being too high or too low. We recommend 35 to 45% relative humidity levels in your home. This warranty will be void if cabinets are stored or installed in environments that do not have properly controlled humidity levels.
8. Damage claims on cabinets stored for longer than 90 days are subject to review by Koch management due to environmental exposure and additional handling issues. Some conditions could void this warranty.
9. Warp: Midland Cabinets has an allowance of 3/16″ on any door or drawer front under 24″ wide x 45″ tall. Any cabinet whose warpage exceeds 3/16″ and cannot be corrected by hinge adjustment will be replaced by Koch and Company after it has been acclimated for 1 year. If doors are removed during installation pay close attention that they are reinstalled on the same cabinet.
10. Finish issues on unfinished cabinets.
11. Unfinished cabinets that are not finished within two weeks of delivery date.
1. Wood characteristics that are inherently associated with a wood species. Each wood specie exhibits its own distinctive pattern and characteristics which adds to its natural beauty.
2. Color variations. This warranty does not cover the natural aging and darkening of the wood color, nor does it apply to the inherent growth characteristics of the wood. As with other natural materials, wood is affected by environmental factors such as natural and artificial lighting. Darkening or mellowing of the wood can be expected and is a natural process of wood.
3. From time to time, we will change design, specifications and materials, as conditions require and improvements are developed, but we have no obligation to incorporate such changes in products we previously manufactured.
Koch & Co., Inc may elect to repair or replace any Koch Cabinet product covered by our warranty. Should defects in material or workmanship exist during this warranty, Koch & Co., Inc. will elect at its discretion to either repair or replace the defective material or component, excluding labor costs. This warranty covers only parts and materials supplied by Koch & Co., Inc., and does not cover costs for removal or installation of counter tops, plumbing fixtures, appliances or related materials, or labor costs. Natural and environmental factors will affect cabinet products over time: therefore, Koch & Co., Inc. cannot be responsible for replacement products that may not exactly color-match installed product.
Some states do not allow exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights.
The Midland Series is designed to be an entry level/stock cabinet line and may have slight imperfections that will be visible. This is an acceptable characteristic of this economical line and will not be a reason for replacement.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied.